Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Wednesday 29 September 2010 @ 1227

What a great day!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Within a day or two there will be a few photos on the blog showing David standing. I can't believe (yes I can) that it is extremely hard to type out S T A N D I N G without my eyes filling with tears. I am so incredibly proud of David. He has so much strength, so much determination, and I believe him to be one of the bravest men I know.

He has been trying to stand for several days. Last week he tried to stand and the socket wasn't right then the next time he tried to stand the HO (bone growth) in his legs just broke through the skin and started filling the prosthetic with blood. He had to stop immediately. I can't imagine how painful it is for him just to stand up.

David, through his life, has had many many broken bones and he has been blessed with the ability to heal very quickly. His bones would mend very quick and strong and I think that has now become a bit of the curse. The bone fragmentation through the muscles in his legs has all grown and is really causing some set backs. The wonderful thing about today's medicine is the fact that within a year or two we'll be talking about all of this as a memory and not a current trial. Life sure hands us some curves!

Those of you who are close to David, please take the time to keep in touch with him - your friendships are extremely valuable as he fights through this new reality of his.

I love you all,

Gordon

1 comment: