Friday, January 14, 2011

Last Post - January 14, 2011

Hi Everyone,

After my last post I have been waiting and waiting to do the last post because David seems to be waiting and waiting for his legs. It was suppose to be Friday, then Monday, then Tuesday so David put off his surgery, then Wednesday but there was just too much going on so Thursday.

On Thursday they slipped David into his legs and the right leg socket was way too big so they had to make some adjustments. That takes us to today. Today the right leg fit much better but it still doesn't fit as David's legs are slimming the more he exercises. This fit make take several more days because it is very critical for him to have a comfortable fit so he can learn how to walk on them. They have to learn how to load one leg so the other leg will come through in a proper manner - there is really a great amount of thought that has to go into each step. I have absolutely not doubt that David will achieve a very natural gate if it is at all possible - if he feels it is possible, that's good enough for me. He has challenged the entire family to a 5K walk/run next Thanksgiving - you're welcome to join the challenge.

David is really excited for me to quit writing about his life and exposing his every day, so I have agreed to end this blog. I will add photos from time to time but I will be going home within a month or so and will probably not have the same access to photographs that I have right now. I'll try to talk David into more photos as he gets comfortable with the legs.

I need to tell you about an experience we had when we went to Ethen's Birthday Party. We were at an indoor amusement place for the birthday and David rolled into the bathroom. He met a little boy in there and, you know kids, they say the first thing that comes to their mind. The little boy said "You don't have any legs!" David threw his arms out to his sides with his palms up and said "I know, I've been looking everywhere and can't find them!" There was a great pause and David just told him he didn't know where he left them and the little guy had no idea what to say. I wish I would have been there with a video.

I asked David if he want to say anything as this comes to a close and he said "Thank You for all your support!" He may not be much for words, but I know his heart and his will and I can assure you that all is well.

I have no idea how to end this. So, let's all keep finding someone to serve.

Take care, and please feel free to call me or David and we'll gladly give you an update.

All My Love,

Gordon

3 comments:

  1. It was GREAT to see David at ethen's birthday party. I am so glad you were both able to make it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We are so happy that David is doing so much better. He is such an amazing young man. He has such a determined attitude that will surely take him on amazing adventures! Take care, Love, Trudy and Kent

    ReplyDelete
  3. This has been the most uplifting thing to read in my life. Tell David I know I am Ethen's grandma and he does not know me that well, but I respect him so much and cherish his precious son. I hope that he will keep in touch with me by email: suzybear38@hotmail.com
    I thank God for him everyday, and remember when times are hard for me to realize that life is precious and a gift. Thank you for this blog Gordon you are wonderful person......Sherry

    ReplyDelete