Monday, August 9, 2010

Saturday and Sunday, August 7 and 8, 2010

I'm sorry I've left you hanging for a couple days. It's been very busy with David's brothers, Stephen and Michael, being here and we've been out of the hospital a great deal.

Michael really wanted to express his thoughts about being here and so I have avoided writing about any specifics that he might want to cover. He is probably home right now since I dropped him off at about 0600 at the airport. He'll be writing the blog tonight.

I can tell you that this is an extremely emotional day as Lynnette and I will be travelling home tomorrow. We absolutely love David and the feelings are very tender and close to the surface right now. While we're here we feel like we can protect him even though he doesn't really need to be protected, we can help him even though he really doesn't require a great deal of help, and we can love him as our little boy with ow-ees even though he is not a little boy and he doesn't want us fussing over his ow-ees. If you're a parent - you know exactly how we feel. I'm thinking we're going to have to go to the Navy Exchange and get Lynnette a whole new batch of make-up because she has applied it several times already today.

I can express to you, as I am sure Michael will touch upon - this is a very hard reality period for David. I'll let Michael elaborate on that. Until later, please know how much we love and appreciate all of you.

Gordon

No comments:

Post a Comment