Monday, November 22, 2010

Monday, 22 November 2010 at 1647

Hello Again,

I wanted to tell you something that happened while David and I were sitting waiting for one of his prescriptions to be filled at the pharmacy. We were just sitting there talking and a woman walked up to David and handed him a note "I just wanted to say thank you for being such a hero for my kids to look up to. God Bless You!" within 5 minutes, a gentleman walked up to David and thanked him for his service and told him that he gave much more than just service. The man was a veteran himself and we both thanked him for his service.

I hardly saw David all day, it was my assignment to take the Jeep and get the new rack put on. It was going to take a few hours so I went over to the mall and watch Harry Potter. David just does not like the Harry Potter stuff so I took the opportunity to see the movie.

Hopefully tomorrow he will get the hand controls for the Jeep - nope, that hope just got dashed by a phone call.

David did another 450 yards today but it was quite a bit harder because he forgot to bring his headphones and didn't have the rhythm. He did about 1/4 of a lap (twice) without the use of his canes.

He's now sitting here with another great friend, Mike, playing the new Brotherhood game on the X-box. They will be lost in the game for awhile.

I'll talk to you again tomorrow - I hope.

Take Care,

Gordon

No comments:

Post a Comment