Monday, May 24, 2010

May 24, 2010, 1430

David is currently in surgery and will hopefully come out without the contraption stabilizing his pelvis. He had an extremely busy night. He, as I mentioned before, is now in reality right now because of the drugs he is receiving. They will soon begin to administer a block to the areas of his body that will provide the most pain - like the epidural block that women have when they have a baby.
When I walked in, Lynnette told David that I was there and he was thoroughly in Afghanistan in his mind and said, "Wow, that's weird that you are here."
I tried to make some revisions to my last post and they did not really take effect so I want to let you know that David has not lost his sense of humor. When he was doing so many things to get me to help him stand up, Katherine was trying to distract him with other comments and David stuck out his tongue at her. Katherine said "SSGT David Lyon, did I just see you stick your tongue out at me?" and David said "I most certainly did!" She then said, I had better not see that again and he stuck out his tongue and just left it there for her to see. She is incredibly sweet with him.
Today was no different, he wants to get up, to get in the truck, to blow up some ammo, and asked me if I would like to shoot.

I love you all and will let you know how the surgery went.

1 comment:

  1. gordon, thanks for this blog I hope it is as helpful to you as it is for us- Jolyn

    ReplyDelete