Tuesday, May 25, 2010

May 25, 2010 at 2051

Well, it has been a very interesting night. David has been quite calm all night but his mind has been everywhere on the planet and with some of the things he has said, he may have been talking with Grandma through the veil.

At one time he said, "I'm sorry Grandma!" I asked him which grandma and he said he didn't know which one came to him. I asked which grandma came to him and he said he was in too much pain and couldn't concentrate on which grandma it was.

He was really dealing alot with "the bus" he said we needed to get off the bus because it wasn't

safe. He said we need to get off the bus but Dad is in the way and so I apologized. He was actually quite funny because he would say "YEP WE ALL NEED TO GET OFF THE BUS BUT EVERYBODY KEEPS GETTING ON THE BUS AND NOOOOOOOOOOBODY IS GETTING OFF THE BUS - THIS IS SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO FRUSTRATING. The nurse asked him where he thought he was and he said he was in India.

He kept being so surprised that we were part of his dreams. Was very protective of Lynnette and warned her not to leave his side, "Stay with me, don't leave me!" he said.

When he recognized Katherine he said "where's our baby?" and she told him they did not have a baby and he was very definite about seeing their baby.

I just talked with Katherine and she got a bit of a nap and is currently with him and he is now very concerned with all the animals in his dream.

It is very beautiful to try to follow his dreams and realize all his thoughts are not at war. He has been extremely thirsty and has drank, through a straw, about 5 glasses of water this evening during our time with him - I'm sure Katherine has given him more.

He reached his arms out and gave a big hug as he drifted into another place.



You know, I'm really dealing OK with the injuries. David is still David, he is all there. It is those beautifully sensitive moments that bring out my tears. I was looking in the mirror and had a thought from yesterday and got a little teary and realized that I look Chinese when I cry.



Tomorrow morning will be

3 comments:

  1. I can just picture this happening! I love the updates, keep them coming!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dave is truly a hero. One time he shared with me how he was in Vietnam and Cambodia helping to find remains of MIA soldiers, so that their families could find closure. Little things like that make him the wonderful man that he is. He is always a concerned and caring person. Now it is our time to show concern and caring for him. He continues to remain in our constant thoughts and prayers. Stay strong.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so glad things are on the positive side through all this :) and I love the very random, "I look chinese when I cry" lol I busted up laughing :) Love you guys, constantly in our prayers :) My oldest Logan (he is 5) prays for David in every one of his prayers :)

    ReplyDelete