Friday, June 11, 2010

Friday, June 11,2010

Big Bump

I left the computer when I finished the other blog and there was a whole team in David's room.

There is a team in there giving him blood. Another team preparing him to move back to the 3rd Floor. I don't have much information yet but what I do know is that David's calcium levels have dropped to a level that has given the physicians enough of a concern to move David to the Cardiac Ward. He is not going back to ICU but the Cardiac Ward will enable them to put him on monitors so they can react much quicker if necessary.

I understand that if Calcium levels get too low it can cause a heart attack and that is not what David needs right now or anytime. For some reason, the Cardiac Ward is the place where David has to be in order to receive the Calcium treatment he needs.

We have been told not to move his personal things because he may not be there that long. We have also been told not to be overly concerned with this situation - "it's just a precaution!" Yah right, now we're totally relaxed. Who are they kidding, of course, we're worried, scared, and, of course, emotional.

I'll give you more information as I receive it.

Thank You for your Prayers,

Gordon

4 comments:

  1. I'm so grateful to David and all the military and their families. Thank you for your service!! My prayers are with you during David's recovery.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Saying a prayer right now for both Dave and you all as you "patiently" wait to hear what the next move is. I can imagine it's tough, but he's in good hands!! With love...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'd like to thank David for saving my life December 11, 2006. We were with MWSS 373 MP unit in TQ Iraq when my vehicle hit an ied, I wouldnt be here if it wasnt for Dave. My prayers are with David & the Lyon family.

    Recovery is a long hard road stay strong MARINE.

    ReplyDelete
  4. my husband & I both work on the cardiac floor & I know your situation can be different but its fairly common when electrolyte levels (potassium, calcium, magnesium) vary from their very small margin of normal for patients to be sent to the cardiac floor for replacement and monitoring. reading about the trauma David's body has had to recover from from your blog, it probably is just a precaution to send him to the cardiac floor. if david was on the med/surg floor they rarely do electrolyte replacement via IV nor have cardiac monitoring. i'm sure it's scary for you to hear this stuff especially if you're not used to it, but it is pretty routine. hopefully this doesn't sound like i'm making no big deal of it cuz your entire lives right now is a big deal.
    alyssa meryhew lemmon

    ReplyDelete